Score: VCU 3, George Washington 0 (25-19, 25-20, 25-18)
Location: Richmond, Va. (Siegel Center)
Records: VCU 19-5 (10-0 A-10), George Washington 13-12 (6-5)
The short story: VCU continued its dominance in Atlantic 10 Conference play, hitting .326 on the way to its 13th consecutive victory Sunday on Senior Day.
- Senior outside hitter Vicky Giommarini (Rome, Italy) spiked a match-high 12 kills for VCU in her final home contest
- Junior outside hitter Paula Neciporuka (Kuldiga, Latvia) added eight kills, while hitting .438 for the Black and Gold. She also served up a pair of aces
- Defensively, redshirt senior middle blocker Jaelyn Jackson (South Chesterfield, Va.) provided six blocks, including one solo
- Skylar Iott led George Washington with 11 kills but VCU forced her into 12 hitting errors
- VCU committed just 13 errors in 95 attempts. George Washington, meanwhile, committed 10 hitting errors in the first set alone
- The Rams outblocked the Colonials 7.5 to 3.0
- VCU hit .353 in the first set and .500 in the second on the way to a commanding 2-0 lead
- The did not trail in the third set and trailed just once in the first
- Prior to the match, VCU honored its eight seniors. This year's senior class has won 87 matches in the past four years
- VCU has swept its last nine wins. The Rams have dropped just two sets in conference play (30-2)
- The Rams have won 37 of their past 38 regular season conference matches
VCU will hit the road to take on Fordham on Friday, Nov. 8 at 7 p.m. in the Bronx, N.Y.