Atlantic 10 Conference Tournament Championship
Score: No. 1 VCU 4, No. 6 Richmond 0
Location: Orlando, Fla. (USTA National Campus)
Records: VCU (18-5), Richmond (10-10)
The short story: VCU won its sixth Atlantic 10 title in the seven years since joining the league by completing a sweep of all three A-10 Championship matches.
- The Rams began the match with Paola Exposito Diaz-Delgado and Melissa Ifidzhen defeating Dessi Zlateya and Lea Owens 6-4 to clinch the doubles point.
- Marine Alacaide Barriza and Sofia Sualehe defeated Lyndell Giffenig and Adrienne Haynes 6-3 in the other doubles match.
- Kanako Yano beat Lea Owens 6-3, 6-0 for the first sinlges point for VCU.
- Diaz-Delgado earned the second singles point with a 6-2, 6-1 win over Emily Dunbar.
- Ifidzhen sealed the A-10 Championship for VCU with a 6-2, 6-1 win over Ana Ramirez.
No.1 VCU 4, No. 6 Richmond 0
1. Paola Exposito Diaz-Delgado (VCU) def. Emily Dunbar (UR) 6-2, 6-1
2. Anna Rasmussen (VCU) vs. Kiana Marshall (UR) 6-3, 2-1, DNF
3. Marina Alcaide (VCU) vs. Dessi Zlateva (UR) 6-1, 5-1, DNF
4. Kanako Yano (VCU) def. Lea Owens (UR) 6-3, 6-0
5. Noumea Witmus (VCU) vs. Helene Heiberg (UR) 6-3, 4-1, DNF
6. Melissa Ifidzhen (VCU) def. Ana Ramirez (UR) 6-2, 6-1
Order of Finish: 4, 1, 6
3. Marina Alcaide/Sofia Sualehe (VCU) def. Lyndell Giffenig/Adrienne Haynes (UR) 6-3
Order of Finish: 1, 3, 2
VCU earned the Atlantic 10's automatic bid to the 2019 NCAA Women's Tennis Tournament. The Rams will find out their opponent at 6:30 p.m. on April 29. It will be streamed on NCAA.com.