Final Score: VCU 74, Omaha 66
Location: Hattiesburg, Miss.
Records: VCU (3-3), Omaha (2-5)
The Short Story: VCU used a 21-3 run midway through the third quarter to take a 57-45 lead and held off a late Omaha rally.
- Danielle Hammond scored a career-high 22 points, going 7-of-11 from the floor and 8-of-9 from the free throw line. She also added three rebounds, a block, a steal and an assist.
- Tera Reed scored 12 points and had a team-high five rebounds. She went 5-of-8 from the field.
- Sydnei Archie was the third VCU player in double figures, going 5-of-7 overall and 2-of-2 from 3-point range.
- VCU shot 50.0 percent for the game while Omaha shot 45.8 percent.
- The Rams forced 21 Omaha turnovers and outscored the Mavericks 24-13 in points off those turnovers.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Black and Gold opened the game on a 13-4 run capped off by two Kseniya Malashka free throws. The Rams led 17-12 at the end of the first quarter.
- Omaha used a 9-2 run to take a 23-19 lead with 3:21 left before halftime. The Mavericks led 31-28 at the break.
- Trailing 42-36 with 6:23 left in the third quarter, VCU went on a 21-3 run to retake the lead at 57-45 with 9:24 left in the fourth quarter.
- The Rams held off a late Omaha rally to secure the win.
VCU faces Southern Miss at 5 p.m. (EST) on Nov. 29 to conclude the Lady Eagle Thanksgiving Classic.