Apr 21, 2015
- Score: VCU 2, #20 Maryland 1
- Records: VCU (23-16), Maryland (27-12)
- Location: The Diamond inside the HDL, Inc. Athletic Village – Richmond, Va.
- The Short Story: Sophomore Logan Farrar delivered a bases-loaded RBI single up the middle in the bottom of the 10th inning to give the VCU baseball team to a thrilling 2-1 win over 20th-ranked Maryland on Tuesday night. Senior Vimael Machin went 3-for-4 on the night and the Rams' bullpen tossed seven shutout innings.
How It Happened
- Maryland's Lamont Ward got the Terrapins on the board first when his RBI single scored Anthony Papio to grab a 1-0 lead.
- The hurlers for both sides would take over for both sides. VCU seniors Tyler Buckley and Matt Lees allowed just four Maryland base runners over the next six innings, striking out six during that span.
- Sophomore Darian Carpenter got the Rams' rally started in the seventh with a single to center. He moved to third on a single by Machin. A double play would score Carpenter and even the score at 1-1.
- Maryland would threaten in the top of the 10th with two runners on, but senior Daniel Concepcion came out of the bullpen to shut down the Terps.
- Concepcion's effort set the stage for Rams offense as Jimmy Kerrigan and Daane Berezo laced singles to put two runners on with one out. Freshman Nick Ward loaded the bases by hustling out an infield single to set the stage for Farrar, who fought off pitches to set up his game-winning single up the middle.
- The Rams and Terrapins are back at it tomorrow in College Park. First pitch is set for 6 p.m.