Meet: Atlantic 10 Outdoor Track and Field Championships
Location: Amherst, Mass.
Results: Atlantic 10 Championships Final Results
The Short Story: The Rams fought hard on day two of the Atlantic 10 Championships. Day two saw Nichelle Scott break the school record in the 800-meter run as well as victories from Taylor McCormick and the members of the 4x100-meter relay team. The Rams finished fourth out of 13 as a team.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Scott placed second in the 800-meter run with a time 2:07.78, a new school record in the event and personal record for Scott.
- McCormick won the triple jump with a leap of 12.27 meters.
- Latrice Morris, Alexis Willis, De'Nisha Smith, and Khoi Banks combined to win the 4x100-meter relay with a time of 45.95.
- Morris and Willis followed up their relay performance by finishing second and third, respectively, in the 100-meter dash. Morris posted a time of 11.93 seconds and Willis ran a time of 11.98 seconds.
- Camora Sanders threw a new personal record in the shot put, tossing to a mark of 14.54 meters to place second in the event. Sanders also placed fifth in the discus with a toss of 45.67 meters.
- Makayla McGowan placed just behind Sanders in the shot put, placing fourth with a mark of 14.38 meters.
- Ann Sheehy placed fourth in the 400-meter hurdles with a time of 1:00.75. Smith and Erika Coleman also scored points for the Rams, finishing sixth and eighth, respectively.
- Alexis Willis placed sixth in the 200-meter dash with a time of 24.62 seconds.
- Alliyah Stevens placed sixth for her effort over the two days of the heptathlon. Her score of 4244 was contributed to largely by her time of 15.16 seconds to finish second in the 100-meter hurdles and a third-place finish in the long jump with a leap of 5.43 meters.
VCU will compete in the ECAC-IC4A Championships in Princeton, New Jersey starting Thursday, May 12.